IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center
Currently, one of the major directions in civil aviation activity is aviation security provision. Recently the role of aviation security has increased significantly. The main principle of security is performance of preventive work by all aviation subdivisions aimed at prevention of any acts of unlawful interference in aviation transport activity. This direction has always been a subject of great interest to IJSAC URGA.
IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center ( hereinafter Aviation Security Training Center) performs aviation security training of the aviation personnel by organizing and holding of classroom and remote training as authorized under the Certificate issued by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine № UA/AS-01/2018.
Aviation Security classes are held for training groups when they are completed according to actual applications of airlines. Training is carried out by qualified instructors having practical skills in the field of aviation security and an Aviation Security Instructor Certificate.
Aviation security training at the IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center is held in accordance with the following Training Programs approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine dd. December 2018:
– Aviation Security Training Program for Flight Personnel performing Air Transportation in other Countries (full-time training).
– Aviation Security Recurrent Training Program for Flight Personnel performing Air Transportation in other Countries (classroom and remote training).
– Aviation Security Training Program for Airline Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Personnel (classroom and remote training).
– Aviation Security Training Program for Management Personnel of the Operators performing aviation works (classroom and remote training).
– Aviation Security Training Program for Security Quality Inspectors of the Operators performing aviation work (classroom and remote training).
– Aviation Security Recurrent Training Program for Airline Aviation Security Instructor (remote training).
– Aviation Security Training Programs for IJSAC URGA personnel on certain additional types of training (classroom and remote training).
In addition, it is permitted within the limits of the current certificate of IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center to hold on its base seminars, other activities, exchange of experience in aviation security provision with specialists of ministries, departments of Ukraine and other countries, international organizations as agreed and approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine, and to issue methodological and other teaching aids etc. developed by IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center subject to agreement with the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine.
Classroom training is held within training groups as they are completed according to actual applications of airlines.
Remote training is held in any period convenient for the trainees, regardless of the number and composition of groups being trained at Aviation Security Training Center at a given time.
Remote training at the Aviation Security Training Center is held within the scope of the Programs listed above and applies to the Airlines management, flight and engineering personnel that have previously undergone aviation security training at any certified Aviation Security Training Center and possess a relevant Certificate the validity of which has expired or is expiring.
Remote training consists of two basic processes:
2.1. Providing trainees with a video file containing the electronic training course and information about the procedure of working with it (depending on the training program chosen by trainee). Electronic training courses are developed by IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center regarding all types of remote training and contain lecture and video material, self-control tests and statutory documents regulating aviation security issues. It is provided by the structure of the training course that a trainee shall independently study lecture material, watch videos, independently monitor the progress in learning of each topic by way of conducting the corresponding self-testing, and shall become familiar, within the scope of this course, with the basic statutory documents regulating aviation security. The training course is developed in the format of free access to any section of the course which, opposed to the line access format, provides trainees with free access to all topics and subjects of the training course during its studying.
Time required for the completion of the training course is determined by the trainee taking into account his/her personal abilities and shall be coordinated with the training center instructor in advance.
Remote training also provides for consultations conducted with the usage of the special program that makes it possible to carry out consultations through video, voice-to-voice communication of the trainee and the instructor of the training centre, chat, videoconference, and with the provision of supplemental training and reference materials by file exchange in the appropriate mode of the Program.
Consultations for trainees are held on working days during working hours. Trainee and the trainer agree about the date and time of consultations through usage of mobile communications, e-mail or SMS. Additionally, upon the trainee’s request, the training center specialists can draught a long-term Plan-schedule of personal consultations indicating corresponding dates and time of their holding.
Furthermore, a consultation is conducted with a trainee on how to install and use the Program of interaction with the Training center during studying and testing.
2.2. Upon the trainee’s completion of the training course, the trainee shall conduct self-testing. If its results show 90% and more of correct answers or four points according to the five-point grading scale, the Final Online Testing will be conducted in order to determine the trainee’s progress in studying completion and possibility of issuing the Certificate. Final Online Testing is held via the Internet by connecting the trainee’s computer to the server of the IJSAC URGA Training Center using the TeamViewer program.
In case the trainee completes Final Online Testing successfully, the training center issues a Certificate of training completion in the form approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine. The Final Testing Video Recording and the Test report are stored on the server of the training center during the entire period of validity of the Certificate issued to the trainee.
An electronic copy of the Aviation Security Certificate will be sent to the trainee’s email, and the originals of the Agreement on training, the Act of Executed Works and the Aviation Security Certificate will be sent to the trainee either by regular mail (by recommended letter with notification), or through the Nova Pochta office to his address or to the postal address of the company, which is specified in the Agreement.
Identification of the trainee in the process of remote training and testing is carried out by:
• Completion of applications for remote training and testing with the provision of copies of passport data and the front side of a pilot license (aircraft engineer, technician), with a photo of the owner and his/her personal data (a corresponding form will be sent by the training center via e-mail);
• Conducting of on-line video consultations or video conferences with the usage of the corresponding program;
• Video surveillance and video recording of the trainee and the whole process of formal testing conducted by the trainee through IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Centre server with the usage of SunRav TestOfficePro program, with printed and signed Test Report on the testing results.
Requirements to the trainee’s working place:
• Availability of the Internet connection;
• Availability of a laptop or a desktop computer with a webcam;
• Availability of the appropriate browser installed (Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox and etc).
The benefits of the remote training system:
The efficiency of remote training and testing is achieved by the following:
• Training takes place at any time and under conditions most suitable for the trainee;
• It is conducted at the place of work or residence which reduces the cost of a trainee’s moving to a place of training and back, and facilitates organizational issues related to leaving the office, arrangement of meals, accommodation, etc.;
• There are no strict time limits for the trainee to have a detailed learning of the Course materials;
• There are no strict time limits associated with the schedule of classroom training at the training centers during a calendar year.
1. The remote training under the Aviation Security Training Program for flight personnel of the operators performing aviation works is held for the pilots of very light, light and medium aircraft and helicopters operating the flights within the territory of Ukraine during which the aircraft are used for specialized services in such areas as agriculture, construction, photography, aerial surveying, observation and patrolling, search and rescue, aerial advertising, and other services. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
2. The remote training under the Aviation Security Training Program for flight personnel performing air transportation in other countries is held for flight crews performing aviation operations outside of Ukraine and possessing a previously issued relevant Aviation Security Certificate, the validity of which has expired or is expiring. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
3. The remote training under the Aviation Security Training Program for maintenance and engineering personnel of the airline is held for management engineering personnel of the airlines and maintenance and engineering personnel carrying out maintenance of the airline’s aircraft both when performing aviation operations within Ukraine and in other countries and possessing a previously issued relevant Aviation Security Certificate, the validity of which has expired or is expiring. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
4. The remote training under the Aviation Security Training Program for operators’ management performing aviation operations is held for the airlines executives, deputy executives on Aviation Security performing aviation operations within Ukraine and who possess a previously issued relevant Aviation Security Certificate, which has expired or is expiring. The validity period of the Certificate for airlines executives is 3 years, for deputy executives on Aviation Security – 2 years.
5. The remote training for aviation security quality control inspectors of operators performing aviation operations within Ukraine is held for quality control inspectors who possess a previously issued relevant Aviation Security Certificate, the validity of which has expired or is expiring. Persons newly appointed to this position by the airline shall first undergo classroom training under the Program specified in paragraph 4 (basic course), and then classroom training under this Program. Validity of the Certificate is 3 years.
6. The recurrent remote training for the airlines aviation security instructors is conducted for aviation security instructors who possess a relevant ICAO Aviation Security Instructors Certificate previously issued by the Aviation Security training centers in Ukraine, which has expired or is expiring. Validity of the Certificate is 3 years.
Contact details. For information on aviation security training conducted at our training center, use the contact details below:
Director of Aviation Security Training Center –
Tel. 067-520-31-09, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief of Aviation Security Remote Training –
Tel. 067-520-31-09, email@example.com