IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center
Currently, one of the major directions in civil aviation activity is aviation security provision. Recently the role of aviation security has increased significantly. The main principle of security is performance of preventive work by all aviation subdivisions aimed at prevention of any acts of unlawful interference in aviation transport activity. This direction has always been a subject of great interest to IJSAC URGA.
IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center performs aviation security training of the aviation personnel by organizing and holding of full-time and distance training as authorized under the Certificate issued by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine № UA/AS-01/2014.
1. Full-time training.
Aviation Security classes are held for training groups when they are completed according to actual applications of airlines. Training is carried out by qualified instructors possessing practical skills in the field of aviation security and a certificate of aviation security inspector.
Aviation security training in IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center is held in accordance with the Training Programs approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine and includes training of:
- Airline flight personnel;
- Airline cabin crew.;
- Airline maintenance personnel.;
- Trainees taking theoretical and flight training for obtaining PPl license.;
- Trainees taking theoretical and flight training for obtaining CPL license;
- Management personnel of operators performing aviation activity;
- Flight personnel of operators performing aviation activity;
- Flight personnel of general aviation;
- Personnel of IJSAC “URGA” on certain additional types of training;
In addition, it is permitted within the limits of the current certificate of IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center to hold on its base seminars, other activities, exchange of experience in aviation security provision with specialists of ministries, departments of Ukraine and other countries, international organizations as agreed and approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine, and to issue methodological and other teaching aids etc. developed by IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center subject to agreement with the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine.
Training and classes are held within training groups as they are completed according to actual applications of airlines.
2. Distant training.
Distant training consists of two basic processes:
2.1. Providing trainees with a video file containing the electronic training course and information about the procedure of working with it (depending on the training program chosen by trainee). Electronic training courses are developed by IJSAC URGA Aviation Security Training Center regarding all types of distant training and contain lecture and video material, self-control tests and statutory documents regulating issues of aviation security provision. It is provided by the structure of the training course that a trainee shall independently study lecture material, watch videos, independently monitor successfulness of learning each topic by way of conducting the corresponding self-testing, and shall become familiar, within the scope of this course, with the basic statutory documents regulating aviation security. The training course is developed in the format of free access to any section of the course which, opposed to the line access format, provides trainees with free access to all topics and subjects of the training course during its studying.
Time required for the completion of the training course is determined by the trainee taking into account his/her personal abilities and shall be coordinated with the training center instructor in advance.
Distant training also provides for consultations conducted with the usage of the special program that makes it possible to carry out consultations through video, voice-to-voice communication of the trainee and the instructor of the training centre, chat, videoconference, and with the provision of supplemental training and reference materials by file exchange in the appropriate mode of the Program.
Consultations for trainees are held on working days during working hours. Trainee and the trainer agree about the date and time of consultations through usage of mobile communications, e-mail or SMS. Additionally, upon the trainee’s request, the training center specialists can draught a long-term Plan-schedule of personal consultations indicating corresponding dates and time of their holding.
Furthermore, a consultation is conducted with a trainee on how to install and use the Program of interaction with the Training center during studying and testing, and it makes possible for the trainee not to study the corresponding User Guide of the Program.
2.2. Upon the trainee’s completion of the training course, the trainee shall conduct self-testing. If its results show 80% and more of correct answers or four points according to the five-point grading scale, the official testing will be conducted in order to determine successfulness of studying completion and possibility of issuing the Certificate. Official testing is held through IJSAC URGA Training Center server with the usage of SunRav TestOfficePro license program that can operate without its installation on the trainee’s computer.
In case the trainee completes official testing successfully, the training center issues a Certificate of training completion in the form approved by the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine. The Certificate will be sent to the trainee by mail to his/her address or to the address of the enterprise indicated in the agreement.
Identification of the trainee in the process of distance learning and testing is carried out by:
- Completion of applications for distance learning and testing with the provision of copies of passport data and the front side of a pilot license (aircraft engineer, technician), with a photo of the owner and his/her personal data (a corresponding form will be sent by the training center via e-mail);
- Conducting of on-line video consultations or video conferences with the usage of the corresponding program;
- Video surveillance and video recording of the trainee and the whole process of formal testing conducted by the trainee through IJSAC “URGA” Aviation Security Training Centre server with the usage of SunRav TestOfficePro program, with printed and signed Protocol on the testing results.
Requirements to the trainee’s working place:
- Availability of the Internet connection;
- Availability of a laptop or a desktop computer with a webcam;
- Availability of the appropriate browser installed (Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox).
The benefits of the distance learning system:
The efficiency of distance learning and testing is achieved by the following:
- Training takes place at any time and under conditions most suitable for the trainee;
- It is conducted at the place of work or residence which reduces the cost of a trainee’s moving to a place of training and back, and facilitates organizational issues related to leaving the office, arrangement of meals, accommodation, etc.;
- There are no severe time restrictions for the trainee in order to conduct a detailed study of the Course materials;
- There are no strict time limits associated with the schedule of full-time study courses at training centers during a calendar year.
1. The distance learning under the Training Program in aviation security for flight personnel of the operators carrying out aviation works is conducted for the pilots of very light, light and medium aircraft and helicopters operating the flights within the territory of Ukraine during which the aircraft are used for specialized services in such areas as agriculture, construction, photography, aerial surveying, observation and patrolling, search and rescue, aerial advertising, and other services. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
2. The distance learning under the Training Program in aviation security for flight personnel of general aviation is conducted for flight crews (the aircraft Pilots-in-command, co-pilots, flight engineers, individuals – aircraft operators) of business, corporate aviation and private aircraft, and flight crews performing educational and other types of flights not related to commercial air transportation and aviation works. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
3. The distance learning under the Training Program in aviation security for flight personnel of the airlines is conducted for flight crews of the airlines operating aircraft with a takeoff mass not exceeding 45.5 tonnes and the number of passenger seats not exceeding 60, and performing non-scheduled commercial passenger and cargo transportation within domestic and international routes, as well as air transportation and work outside Ukraine. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
4. The distance learning under the Training program in aviation security for engineering staff of the airlines is conducted for engineering staff of the airlines performing non-scheduled commercial passenger and cargo transportation on domestic and international routes, engineering staff of airlines related to general aviation, and of airlines performing air transportation and works, including outside Ukraine. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.
5. The distance learning under the Training program in aviation security for management personnel of operators performing aviation works is conducted for chiefs, deputy chiefs in aviation security of the airlines performing aviation works within the territory of Ukraine. The Certificate is valid for 2 years.
6. The distance learning under the Training program in aviation security for cabin crews of the airlines is conducted for cabin crew of the airlines that operate aircraft with a takeoff mass not exceeding 45.5 tonnes and the number of passenger seats not exceeding 60, and perform non-scheduled commercial passenger and cargo transportation on domestic and international routes, as well as air transport and work outside Ukraine. The Certificate is valid for 3 years.